And the fun begins...

Who says foodie adventures have to be complicated and expensive? This is The Simple Pan, where we have fun with food, try new recipes and jazz up old ones, exploring interesting ingredients and working on kitchen experiments without emptying our bank accounts or driving anyone to distraction with instructions that require a Cordon Bleu education. Let the fun begin!





Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Chuck's marmalade

Yesterday I was watching Chuck Hughes' cooking show, "Chuck's Day Off". He was making all sorts of culinary wonders, but one thing that stood out to me, mostly because of it's simplicity, was a clementine marmalade. He literally just boiled a bunch of clementines in water until they were soft, chopped them up (skins and all), dumped them back into a pan, added sugar and gently boiled them until they were marmalade.

It all just sounds too easy.

So in the interest of my curiosity and love of marmalade, I bought some clementines and will be trying this marmalade recipe out.

Pictures and results will follow.

I also paid a visit to our local thrift store, on a search for kitchen goodies. I found a french fry basket which will come in handy for a future poutine project I have been playing around with. I also found a wooden pastry brush, a cork screw, and a fairly sturdy hand mixer

No comments:

Post a Comment